The genuine marathoner is a rare breed indeed: half athlete and half poet; part rock-bottom pragmatist and part sky-high idealist; completely, even defiantly individual and yet irrevocably joined to a select group almost tribal in its shared rituals and aspiritions. -Joel Homer

Monday, December 26, 2011

Kowabunga.

     As I am reflecting on the past year, I am truly realizing how strong I have become - not only in running but in my heart and mind as well. This blog has been an outlet and a record for the mistakes and joys of running and the progression of life in 2011. I am thankful, I am blessed, and I am anxious to find out what 2012 has in store...
     Looking back, I am proud to say that I am at a completely different point in my life now than I was a year ago. Broken, disheveled, and lost, I did not believe I would ever be able to get back up from one of the worst falls Ive ever taken. It was difficult for me to start writing because I am naturally a private person and sharing my feelings is not something I enjoy doing often, if ever. However once I realized the powerful impact that sharing our words and stories with others has, I couldn't seem to stop writing. We are meant to be an inspiration to others through our actions and share these experiences with others through our words. Reading my past stories, both good and bad, has helped me realize that I'm on the road to fully recovering and thriving. So, thinking about the year, I pose this question to all of you: Are you where you want to be? This question can apply to your career, personal life, love, or even where you are living. If the answer is no, then why are you not taking the necessary steps to be where you want to be?
     When I answer this question, I can honestly say no; I’m not exactly where I want to be … yet. I say “yet” because I am a work in progress.  I have many goals, most rather outlandish, but I know exactly what I want and how to get there. It all depends on how hard I work and the choices I decide to make along the way. Last year, I couldn’t predict the future, but I made the choice to overcome my obstacle and I did. As long as you make the choice to get through it, you will. You make the choice on how you want to live your life, who you want to associate with, and what you do with your time. As I said in my previous note: never let your circumstances define you. I hope you choose to be the best version of yourself you can possibly be and take the steps to get there.
Be bold.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment